7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

SmartEditor - Search dialog resource identifier

mandsch
Dear list,

I'm evaluating SmartEditor at the moment and stumbled upon one problem: I'd like to use the "seach identifier" (Bezeichner suchen) dialog to query my csw catalog to be able to link a dataset to a service. The query works ok, I get back the one result in the dialog, however with only the title and resourcetype fields filled in with the query results. The resource identifier is not displayed. The found dataset has an MD_Identifier defined at "identificationInfo[1]/*/citation/*/identifier/code". I wonder what could be the reason that the identifier is not shown?

Can I set the loglevel of the smarteditor in a way that the result from the csw-query is shown in the log?

Thanks for your help, Michael

Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: SmartEditor - Search dialog resource identifier

Kristian Senkler

Hi Michael,

could you please attach the metadata document that contains the identifiers you’d like to see in the UI? I’ll have a look then.

Kind regards,

Kristian

Von: Metadata [mailto:[hidden email]] Im Auftrag von Michael Schulz
Gesendet: Donnerstag,
28. August 2014 11:01
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: [Metadata] SmartEditor - Search dialog resource identifier

Dear list,

I'm evaluating SmartEditor at the moment and stumbled upon one problem: I'd like to use the "seach identifier" (Bezeichner suchen) dialog to query my csw catalog to be able to link a dataset to a service. The query works ok, I get back the one result in the dialog, however with only the title and resourcetype fields filled in with the query results. The resource identifier is not displayed. The found dataset has an MD_Identifier defined at "identificationInfo[1]/*/citation/*/identifier/code". I wonder what could be the reason that the identifier is not shown?

Can I set the loglevel of the smarteditor in a way that the result from the csw-query is shown in the log?

Reply | Threaded
|  

Antw: AW: SmartEditor - Search dialog resource identifier

mandsch
Hi Kristian,

for the record: send you directly the XML document, as I don't have a test xml at hand.

Thanks, Michael

>>> Kristian Senkler <[hidden email]> 02.09.2014 11:25 >>>

Hi Michael,

could you please attach the metadata document that contains the identifiers you’d like to see in the UI? I’ll have a look then.

Kind regards,

Kristian

Von: Metadata [mailto:[hidden email]] Im Auftrag von Michael Schulz
Gesendet: Donnerstag,
28. August 2014 11:01
An: [hidden email]

Dear list,

Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Antw: AW: SmartEditor - Search dialog resource identifier

Kristian Senkler

Thanks,

at the moment I cannot figure out why it’s not working on your side. What is the response of the REST query in the UI, e.i. what is the response if you call the following URL:

http://[yourHost]:[yourPort]/smartEditor/rest/controller/query/coupledresource/60358257-02b7-43ba-bbea-5d53cf5ac9ca/10

It should look like this:

{"60358257-02b7-43ba-bbea-5d53cf5ac9ca":{"resourceIdentifier":["stadtplan"],"title":"Amtlicher Stadtplan Freiburg","resourceType":"dataset"}}

Regards,

Kristian

Von: Michael Schulz [mailto:[hidden email]]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 2. September 2014 15:33
An: [hidden email]; Kristian Senkler
Betreff: Antw: AW: [Metadata] SmartEditor - Search dialog resource identifier

Hi Kristian,

for the record: send you directly the XML document, as I don't have a test xml at hand.

Thanks, Michael

Hi Michael,

Kind regards,

Kristian

Von: Metadata [[hidden email]] Im Auftrag von Michael Schulz
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28.
August 2014 11:01
An:
[hidden email]

Dear list,

Reply | Threaded
|  

mandsch
Hi Kristian,

it looks quite similar, although the important part is missing:
{"60358257-02b7-43ba-bbea-5d53cf5ac9ca":{"resourceIdentifier":[""],"title":"Amtlicher Stadtplan Freiburg","resourceType":"dataset"}}
The information is queried from a geonetwork instance, where I can see the query coming in, as part of the information is present I assume the result is ok. If I mimic the query smarteditor sends out, I get back the xml I sent you. Is there a way in smarteditor to increase the loglevel so I can really see what is happening with the query result?

Cheers, Michael

>>> Kristian Senkler <[hidden email]> 02.09.2014 17:12 >>>

Thanks,

at the moment I cannot figure out why it’s not working on your side. What is the response of the REST query in the UI, e.i. what is the response if you call the following URL:

http://[yourHost]:[yourPort]/smartEditor/rest/controller/query/coupledresource/60358257-02b7-43ba-bbea-5d53cf5ac9ca/10

{"60358257-02b7-43ba-bbea-5d53cf5ac9ca":{"resourceIdentifier":["stadtplan"],"title":"Amtlicher Stadtplan Freiburg","resourceType":"dataset"}}

Regards,

Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Thanks, Michael

Hi Michael,

Kind regards,

Kristian

An:
[hidden email]

Dear list,

Reply | Threaded
|  

Kristian Senkler

Hi Michael,

If you want to increase the log level all you have to do is to modify your log4j.xml. Simple set the leg level to DEBOG or TRACE and the server should be more talkative then.

But since the XML you’ve provided has all necessary information and the correct class is triggered that transforms the XML into the required JSON snipped, everything *should* work as expected. But it doesn’t.

BTW, on my machine, with the XML you’ve provided, everything works fine. The only difference I see at the moment is that I do not use a geonetwork catalog service for searching.

Do you have a public URL of your geonetwork instance that I can use for testing?

Regards,

Kristian

Gesendet: Dienstag, 2. September 2014 17:25
Betreff: AW: Antw: AW: [Metadata] SmartEditor - Search dialog resource identifier

Hi Kristian,

{"60358257-02b7-43ba-bbea-5d53cf5ac9ca":{"resourceIdentifier":[""],"title":"Amtlicher Stadtplan Freiburg","resourceType":"dataset"}}

The information is queried from a geonetwork instance, where I can see the query coming in, as part of the information is present I assume the result is ok. If I mimic the query smarteditor sends out, I get back the xml I sent you. Is there a way in smarteditor to increase the loglevel so I can really see what is happening with the query result?

Cheers, Michael

Thanks,

<a href="http://[yourHost]:[yourPort]/smartEditor/rest/controller/query/coupledresource/60358257-02b7-43ba-bbea-5d53cf5ac9ca/10">http://[yourHost]:[yourPort]/smartEditor/rest/controller/query/coupledresource/60358257-02b7-43ba-bbea-5d53cf5ac9ca/10

Regards,

Kristian

Von: Michael Schulz [[hidden email]]

Hi Kristian,

Thanks, Michael

Hi Michael,

Kind regards,

Kristian

An:
[hidden email]

Dear list,

Reply | Threaded
|  

mandsch
Hi Kristian,

unfortunately the system is completely internal and not accessible to the outside world. I'll see what the log will show, after increasing the log level.

Thanks for your help. Cheers, Michael

>>> Kristian Senkler <[hidden email]> 04.09.2014 16:16 >>>

Hi Michael,

If you want to increase the log level all you have to do is to modify your log4j.xml. Simple set the leg level to DEBOG or TRACE and the server should be more talkative then.

But since the XML you’ve provided has all necessary information and the correct class is triggered that transforms the XML into the required JSON snipped, everything *should* work as expected. But it doesn’t.

BTW, on my machine, with the XML you’ve provided, everything works fine. The only difference I see at the moment is that I do not use a geonetwork catalog service for searching.

Do you have a public URL of your geonetwork instance that I can use for testing?

Regards,

Kristian

Gesendet: Dienstag, 2. September 2014 17:25
Betreff: AW: Antw: AW: [Metadata] SmartEditor - Search dialog resource identifier

Hi Kristian,

Cheers, Michael

Thanks,

<A href="http://[yourHost]:[yourPort]/smartEditor/rest/controller/query/coupledresource/60358257-02b7-43ba-bbea-5d53cf5ac9ca/10">http://[yourHost]:[yourPort]/smartEditor/rest/controller/query/coupledresource/60358257-02b7-43ba-bbea-5d53cf5ac9ca/10

Regards,

Kristian

Von: Michael Schulz [[hidden email]]

Hi Kristian,

Thanks, Michael

Hi Michael,

Kind regards,

Kristian

An:
[hidden email]

Dear list,